'Solar Passive Oasis' - 40 years ahead of its time!
Owner designed 4 bedrooms with study, built by expert Scandinavian builders. Constructed in Oregon with fully insulated vaulted ceilings, walls and clad in Western Red Cedar.The Tasmanian Oak floors and Tallow Wood veranda add character to this truly amazing residence. The stunning new well appointed kitchen was created from Solomon Island Rose Wood and constructed by a skilled cabinet maker. It also features a large studio with potential for a home office or guest quarters below with bathroom facilities. A Grid connected solar system on the north facing roof reduces energy costs, plus two 5000 litre water tanks stand at the western end to top up the stream water feature and vegetable gardens. There is also a 'Feral' fenced fowl run and vegetable enclosure. This ECO friendly home has one of the earliest native plant gardens in Canberra and is a delight to behold. Located in the sought after suburb of O'Connor within walking distance to
ANU, CSIRO, shops, schools and restaurants.
"Proximity to Black Mountain Reserve and eucalptus street trees have yeilded over 130 visiting bird species. Nearby parks provided valuable play-space for our sons and currently for our grandchildren."
* Set well back from the street and camouflaged by the magnificent native garden.
* Listen to the 'frogs chorus' coming from the beautiful water feature that greets you as you enter this 'Oasis in the City'.
* Raised and very productive vegetable garden beds.
* Great 'feral fenced' fowl run where you could gather fresh eggs every day.
* Reverse cycle heat pumps at each end of the house.
Lot/Plan No: CANB/OCON/50/25/ 翻譯中文